Lama is a wilderness experience. There is no electricity or running water in the hermitage cabins, and the “restrooms” are simple outhouses. As with any wilderness area, we have many critters around that co-exist with us which can possibly include bears, deer, elk, various mountain cats, chipmunks, rats, mice, spiders and non-poisonous snakes.
- Drinking and washing water in large jugs
- A small propane burner for cooking
- A wood stove and a small amount of firewood
- Cooking impliments
- A sleeping mattresse
- Bedding (You may want to bring an extra sleeping bag during cold months)
- A meditation cushion
- An oil lamp or lantern
- A first aid kit
- An assortment of staple foods (grains, nut butters, rice cakes, dried beans and legumes, cereals, seasonings, honey, teas, coffee)
- Fruits or vegetables on request, depending on availability
If simple vegetarian food does not meet your needs, please bring your own special food.
All food must be stored inside the cabin! Even if you bring a cooler or other container, animals are industrious and can easily get to your food if it is outside.