Contemplative Environmental Practice
- Contemplative Environmental Practice
- Fri, July, 28, 2017 - Thu, August, 3, 2017
- Lama Foundation - Questa, NM
How can we mobilize and educate people about environmental wellbeing without becoming embittered and burned out? How can we can maintain, deepen, and grow in our environmental commitments?
This workshop brings together activists, educators, and concerned citizens to share ways of living on the frontlines of environmental concern. Using daily meditation, yoga, nature walks, and other reflective exercises, we will probe the depths of the environmental crisis and develop inner resources to work and teach on behalf of global sustainability.
Environmental issues are not simply political, technological, or economic dilemmas but also existential and spiritual challenges that question the meaning of our individual and collective lives. The workshop explores ways of responding that honor the gravity of environmental harm and the depth of who we are as human beings. At its core is the commitment to apply the wisdom of contemplative practice to environmental work.
- Paul Wapner, Professor, American University
- Kritee (Kanko), Scientist, Activist, Zen Teacher, Environmental Defense Fund
- Jeff Warren, Author and Meditation Instructor
For more information: earthlovego.org
- 1895 Lama Foundation Rd